Thanks for your interest in participating in the 2020 Learning Clan Solstice Gathering.
We would love to make this a completely money-free event – but we do have to cover the costs, so the ticket price is in Rands. But we use absolutely no money at all within the event please.
This is not a public event, but open to all who who are willing to participate in some way, use the Talent Exchange, and have a conscious camping mindset.
Tickets have to be limited this year. If you would like to attend, please send an email to email@example.com and include:
- Your Name
- Phone number
- Number of tickets required and each name
- Talent Exchange number of the family or each person you are buying for
- and how you would like to participate (a talk, workshop, presentation, service, something to sell at the market, a performance, etc).
You will then receive bank transfer details, followed by your ticket
The gate opens at 9am on Tuesday 15th December.
Please check your Talent Balance
If you haven’t yet joined the Exchange, sign-up is free and easy. You will be sent a Trading number which you will need to purchase your ticket.
Children 4-16 : R600
Dogs: R300 (please only bring your dog if you absolutely have to – We love dogs but we can’t have too many.)
Please note, the price is the same whether you come for ten days or 1 day.
This is to encourage you to get the most out of the community experience. It is not possible to keep tabs on people who want to only come for a few days.
Refund Policy: As with most events, we have a no refund policy, but you can sell your ticket to someone else.
If the event is cancelled before the 10th December, your ticket will be valid for the next date we can have it.
Dates: 15th December 9am – 24th December 12 midday 2020
What’s included in the Ticket Price
- A shady campsite for 10 days and 9 nights in a forest setting next to your car or caravan
- Flush toilets and hot showers
- Abundant drinking water
- A great river for swimming
- An opportunity to share knowledge, promote what you do and/or gift or trade your skills, goods and services for Talents that can be used either at the Festival or anytime thereafter
- Stall Space at the daily Pop-up Market
- Live music stage, Dance Sets
- Many fire places and abundant wood
- A Kids Zone with educational and fun activities
- A very special Solstice Celebration
- Hills, forests, and river to explore
A few notes about trading in Talents
- You don’t have to trade in Talents if you don’t want to, but you need to join the Talent Exchange to get into the Festival.
- We ask that nothing is sold for cash please, even half Rands/ half talents – this is a no-money experiment.
- You are welcome to gift or swap, but some workshops or activities will be asking for Talents to attend.
- Food providers and market stalls must also only trade in Talents.
- We ask that you charge as low as you possibly can, so that everyone can afford to participate abundantly and the economy flows.
- You will need to earn Talents if you want to be buying anything, attending workshops or supporting a performance or getting a service.
- If you do use your Talent Exchange number to buy things then you must commit to balancing your account by giving back to your community either at the Festival or at home by offering your services or selling something for Talents.
- You can also start using the Talent Exchange before the Festival begins. You can sell something you own, or offer your skills on the Exchange. There is also a monthly Talent market in Claremont, Cape Town.
- Please read the page about Trading in Talents so there are no misunderstandings, It’s all part of the learning !
- By buying a ticket, you understand and agree that attendance is entirely at your own risk. Landowners and organisers are not responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may be incurred.
- Tickets are sold on the understanding that there are no refunds if you cannot attend. You are welcome to give or sell it to a friend if you inform us, and send us their name and TE number.
- If the event is cancelled, the ticket will be valid for the next event as soon as we can have it.
Guidelines for our Village
- Do No Harm
- No open fires at your campsite- there are many firepits available
- No Chemicals whatsoever
- Mindful alcohol, no alcohol to be sold, no under age drinking or smoking
- Conscious camping – leave no trace, be considerate to everyone around you, recycle your waste
- You must be fully self sufficient and take full responsibility for yourselves, your children, and your belongings.
- Gate open from 9am-5pm only – no after hours entry
- All waste must be handled properly.Please Read this page
- All trading to be done in Talents. Gifting or bartering is fine too but no money whatsoever
- Only well socialised dogs are allowed and owners must commit to burying doggy doo every day
- Children and Teens must be fully aware of the ethos of the village and agree to these rules.