While we would love to make this a total no money event – we do have to cover our costs, so the ticket price is in Rands.
This is not a public event, it’s a private gathering but open to all who who are willing to participate in some way, use the Talent Exchange, and have a conscious camping mindset. Tickets will be limited to keep a cozy village vibe.
Please note, the price is the same whether you come for 7 days or 1 day. This is to encourage you to get the most out of the community experience and to avoid people just popping in to have a look .
Early bird tickets – on sale now on Quicket
- July/Aug: R800, Kids 4-16 R400
- Sept/Oct/Nov – R900, Kids R450
- Dec – R1000, Kids R500
- Dogs: R100 or T100
- Half price Helper Tickets on application -Send an email to Iris@learningclan.net
You will need your Talent Exchange number to buy a ticket
(and you will also need to enter your current balance if already a member)
If you haven’t yet joined the Exchange, sign-up is free and easy. You will then be sent a Trading number which you will need to purchase your ticket.
- www.ctte.org.za if you live in Cape Town (Cape Town Talent Exchange)
- www.ces.org.za for anywhere else in the world (Community Exchange System)
What’s included in the Ticket Price
- A shady campsite for 7 days and 7 nights in a forest setting next to your car or caravan
- Flush toilets and hot showers
- Abundant drinking water
- An opportunity to share knowledge, promote what you do and/or gift or trade your skills, goods and services for Talents that can be used either at the Festival or anytime thereafter
- An opportunity to learn a wide range of skills and information, engage in riveting discussions, get some healing, make new friends, hang out with like-minded families, explore off-grid living, dance and play barefoot all week
- Stall Space at the daily Pop-up Market
- Live music stage, DJ sound rig, and shaded dance floor
- An open mic to sing the song in your heart, play your instrument, or have a rant
- Many convenient fire places
- A Kids Zone with educational and fun activities
- A Teens Zone with challenging and fun adventures
- A New Year to remember
- Hills, forests, and rivers to explore
Early Arrivals: If you want to come a day or two before or stay a day after the official dates of the Festival, and you are not part of the setup team, then there is an extra fee to the farm owner of a R100 per person per night for camping, half for kids 4-16.
A few notes about trading in Talents
- You don’t have to trade in Talents if you don’t want to, but you need to join the Talent Exchange to get into the Festival.
- We ask that nothing is sold for cash please, even half Rands/ half talents – this is a no-money experiment.
- You are welcome to gift or swap, but some workshops or activities will be asking for Talents to attend.
- Food providers and market stalls must also only trade in Talents,
- So you will need to make Talents if you want to be buying or supporting a performance or getting a service.
- If you do use your Talent Exchange number to buy things then you must commit to balancing your account by giving back to your community either at the Festival or at home by offering your services or selling something for Talents.
- You can also start using the Talent Exchange before the Festival begins. You can sell something you own, or offer your skills on the Exchange. There is also a monthly Talent market in Claremont, Cape Town.
- Please read the page about Trading in Talents so there are no misunderstandings,
- It’s all part of the learning !
- By buying a ticket, you understand and agree that attendance is entirely at your own risk. Landowners and organisers are not responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may be incurred.
- Tickets are sold on the understanding that there are no refunds if you cannot attend. You are welcome to give or sell it to a friend if you inform us, and send us their name and CES number.