We would love to make this a completely money-free event – but we do have to cover the costs, so the ticket price is in Rands. But absolutely no money at all within the event please.
This is not a public event, it’s a private gathering, open to all who who are willing to participate in some way, use the Talent Exchange, and have a conscious camping mindset.
Tickets will be limited to keep a cozy village vibe.
Please note, the price is the same whether you come for 8 days or 1 day. This is to encourage you to get the most out of the community experience and to avoid people just popping in to have a look.
- Early Bird – September : R900 / Children 4 -16 : R450
- Standard Ticket : October/ November : R1000 / Children 4-16 : R500
- December Ticket : R1100 / Children : R550
- Dogs : R400 (this is to limit the number of dogs – please only bring your dog if you absolutely have to)
You will need your Talent Exchange number to buy a ticket
(and you will also need to enter your current balance if already a member)
If you haven’t yet joined the Exchange, sign-up is free and easy. You will then be sent a Trading number which you will need to purchase your ticket.
What’s included in the Ticket Price
- A shady campsite for 8 days and 7 nights in a forest setting next to your car or caravan
- Flush toilets and hot showers
- Abundant drinking water
- A great river for swimming
- An opportunity to share knowledge, promote what you do and/or gift or trade your skills, goods and services for Talents that can be used either at the Festival or anytime thereafter
- An opportunity to learn a wide range of skills and information, engage in riveting discussions, get some healing, make new friends, hang out with like-minded families, explore off-grid living, dance and play barefoot all week
- Stall Space at the daily Pop-up Market
- Live music stage, DJ sound rig, and shaded dance floor
- An open mic to sing the song in your heart, play your instrument, or have a rant
- Many convenient fire places and abundant wood
- A Kids Zone with educational and fun activities
- A Teens Zone with challenging and fun adventures
- A New Year to remember
- Hills, forests, and river to explore
Early Arrivals: PLEASE NOTE: If you want to come a day or two before or stay a day after the official dates of the Festival, and you are not part of the setup team, then there is an extra fee to the farm owner of a R100 per person per night for camping, half for kids 4-16.
A few notes about trading in Talents
- You don’t have to trade in Talents if you don’t want to, but you need to join the Talent Exchange to get into the Festival.
- We ask that nothing is sold for cash please, even half Rands/ half talents – this is a no-money experiment.
- You are welcome to gift or swap, but some workshops or activities will be asking for Talents to attend.
- Food providers and market stalls must also only trade in Talents.
- We ask that you charge as low as you possibly can, so that everyone can afford to participate abundantly and the economy flows.
- You will need to earn Talents if you want to be buying anything, attending workshops or supporting a performance or getting a service.
- If you do use your Talent Exchange number to buy things then you must commit to balancing your account by giving back to your community either at the Festival or at home by offering your services or selling something for Talents.
- You can also start using the Talent Exchange before the Festival begins. You can sell something you own, or offer your skills on the Exchange. There is also a monthly Talent market in Claremont, Cape Town.
- Please read the page about Trading in Talents so there are no misunderstandings,
- It’s all part of the learning !
- By buying a ticket, you understand and agree that attendance is entirely at your own risk. Landowners and organisers are not responsible for any loss, injury or damage that may be incurred.
- Tickets are sold on the understanding that there are no refunds if you cannot attend. You are welcome to give or sell it to a friend if you inform us, and send us their name and CES number.
- If the event is cancelled, you will be refunded.
Code of Conduct Agreement
- Do No Harm
- No open fires at your campsite- there are many firepits available
- No Chemicals whatsoever
- Mindful alcohol, no alcohol to be sold, no under age drinking or smoking
- Conscious camping – leave no trace, be considerate to everyone around you, recycle your waste
- You must be fully self sufficient and take full responsibility for yourselves, your children, and your belongings.
- Gate open from 9am-5pm only – no after hours entry
- Each day, everyone offers some community service between 10am and 11am
- All trading to be done in Talents. Gifting or bartering is fine too but no money whatsoever
- Only well socialised dogs are allowed and owners must commit to burying doggy doo every day
- Children and Teens must be fully aware of the ethos of the village and agree to these rules.