for Changing Times
Friday 19th-Tuesday 23rd March 2021
@ Amber Stream, Riviersonderend
Greetings Friends of Learning Clan and the Forest of Dreams
Autumn Equinox is coming up, with a long weekend, and we are inviting you to visit our little Living Learning Clan Community, just outside Riviersonderend, for a very special, focused gathering of those interested in solutions for these times.
We are looking for 50 off-grid minded people who are keen to gather in nature, in the spirit of community, partake in deep-dive conversations, get hands in the soil, and enjoy some therapeutic music making, song and dance, as we celebrate the Equinox with our collective intent for the future we want.
A Five day long-weekend including:
- 4 nights camping in a shady pine forest near a pure mountain stream
- 4 evening communal meals
- Empowering talks and workshops
- Morning yoga and Evening entertainment, drumming, dancing, music jams and an aerial silk performance
- Beautiful walks, mountains, forest, rock pools, dam, stream and river
- An Equinox celebration on the Saturday night around a Sacred Fire
- A pop up Market on Sunday to trade your wares or skills
- An opportunity to share your passion
- Children’s activities
Talks and Workshops offered
- Understanding and Disentangling from the Matrix – Tristan de Graaf
- A practical, hands-on Permaculture Blitz Workshop – Martijn van der Put
- Solutions for a Society driven by Living Technology- Lawrence Quolloi
- Is Self-sufficiency Achievable? – discussion
- Foundations for Building a Thriving Community – Toto
- Non-Violent Communication Workshop – Laetitia Galvare
- Technology vs Health – with solutions: – Joffrey Hyman
- Natural Healing and Living – an off-grid approach – Joffrey Hyman
- Rabbit Hole Survival Talk: – knowledge is power! – Joffrey Hyman
- The Way of Council – fostering deep and effective communication in any community – Kav and Giulia
Children: R500 – Under 3 free
Dogs. no dogs this time. Sorry.
Extra Activities so far:
- A Sweat lodge for detoxing – Devi
- Secret Sunrise dance hour – Nikki and Toto
- Guided hikes into the spectacular gorge – Keshia and Marco
- Women’s empowerment session – Monet
- Coffee and muffin bar – Sophie
- Sound Journey – Marco and friends
- Handy Knotting Skills to know – Rod
- Land Art Build – Joffrey and Martijn
Offerings : Talks/ Workshops/ Services / Activities
- There will be 3 slots per day of 1-2 hours each, in the Talk lounge, (9am, 11am and 2.30 pm).
- Let us know if you would like to offer something within the theme of Solutions for these Times.
- More personal offerings or services can also be held at your camp.
- Children’s and Teens activities, edutainment and skills sharing are welcome and needed.
- Offerings can be gifted, or traded for Talents – a great way for communities to explore independent ways of value exchange. But we are also open to using cash in these tough times if needed. Explore the handy Talent Exchange and sign up before coming, if you’re not already a member: www.ces.org.za
- You are welcome to bring your crafts or services or other things to trade at the mini Sunday Market
If you feel this calling, and wish to be included in this opportunity to :
- commune and connect in nature, with much music-making, song and dance
- share knowledge, learn from each other, add to your skills or trade them
- celebrate the changing of seasons and address the poignant magnitude of the times we are in
- fine tune your self-sufficient, living-on-the-land gear
- explore off-grid living and developing a network of support
A few pictures of our community farm, – your home for 5 days