Volunteering and Helpers
The Learning Clan is a co-created village where we take care of community essentials ourselves.
Everyone pitches in to ensure things run smoothly so we don’t have to bring in strangers to help. Volunteering our help is something everyone does, ensuring a better place to live for all.
Things like helping newcomers understand the Talent Exchange, keeping the village pretty and the workshop venues tidy, sweeping the acorns from the dancefloor, watching out for possible intruders or odd behavior, keeping an eye on the children, being ready to help if someone gets injured, remove anything dangerous in the walkways… that kind of thing.
If you see something that needs taking care of, please take care of it, or come to Base Camp and let the crew know.
And of course, as groovy clanners, we all know that we…
- take good care of the forest, leaving no trace of having been there
- keep noise levels down when people are trying to sleep
- leave the loos and showers in the best condition
- take care of your recycling, separate it, bring it to the depot
- ensure any un-recyclable rubbish, stompies, etc get put in an ecobrick
- remind dog owners to bury any doggiedoo
- ensure dogs are not barking too much or being a nuisance etc
- ensure our children are aware of all of the above
Each year we are offer a limited number of reduced tickets for people who are unable to afford the full ticket price, and who are willing to put in 8 hours of community service at the Festival, and help with the daily tasks.
This would mean joining one of these teams for daily shifts:
1. gate duty – welcoming arrivals and checking tickets
2. river watch – keeping an eye on kids in the water
3. night patrols – ensuring all is well, fire safety and boiler stoking
4. wood collection – for the shower boiler and fire pits
5. recycling – help at the lively waste management depot
Email Rod if you would like to apply for a Helper ticket, and which of the above teams you would like to join.
The way it works is the same at most festivals. You need to pay for a full ticket and once you have served your 8 hours we will refund half your ticket back.